Update: Applications to join the team have now closed. Thank you so much to everyone who has applied.
For the past five years I’ve put my heart and soul into The Travel Hack. I never dreamt that my little blog would turn into my full time career. Not only that but it’s a career that allows me to travel the world, chase my dreams and work from anywhere I like. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to check that this is all real.
The Travel Hack has grown at an amazing rate, particularly since I left my job to blog full time. I have nearly 350,000 followers on social media, each post has thousands of page views and I’m being invited to work on some of the most exciting campaigns I could imagine. To make it even better, the blog is now giving me the chance to travel with my baby boy and hopefully give him the opportunity to see the world.
The Travel Hack is growing so quickly that I can barely keep up so its time to bring on some new bloggers! I’d like to bring together a small team of travel bloggers to add different voices, perspectives and unique stories to The Travel Hack.
The Travel Hack is all about stylish adventures and affordable luxury. This means hiking through the jungle followed by a luxury stay in a boutique jungle lodge. It’s about saving money with cheap flights and splashing out on once-in-a-lifetime experiences. It’s about unusual accommodation options, tips to save on travel and unusual adventures from around the world.
If this sounds like your travel style, keep reading…
Why be a Travel Hack Blogger?
The Travel Hack is ranked as one of the top 10 travel blogs in the UK
The blog receives over 100,000 monthly pageviews and grows enormously each month
As a regular contributor you’ll be able to pitch to travel companies for press opportunities and use The Travel Hack media kit for compensated travels
Whenever possible, you’ll be able to take my place on press trips
You’ll have the chance to review new products
Links to your blog and social media profiles in your author bio
I’m looking for bloggers with a creative flare and a passion for travel who can create interesting, informative, engaging and shareable travel content.
- The Travel Hack offers a combination of personal travel stories and useful travel tips that will help and inspire people to travel more. You should be able to create posts that continue this theme and have a list of blog post ideas as long as your leg.
- Ideally, I’d like bloggers with a particular niche. For example, I’m currently focusing on travelling with a baby. Maybe you’re an expert on a particular area, love the outdoors, you’re a real foodie, you’re a packing pro or you’re an expert travel hack?
- Able to write 2 blog posts per month
- Each article should be accompanied by your own photography or photos that are appropriately sourced and credited
- Passion (or borderline obsession) for travel
- Familiarity with travel blogs
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Bursting with creative ideas
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Understanding of SEO and writing for online audiences
- Keen photographer – preferably with a DSLR or high quality camera
- Able to commit to 6 months – I’d like to create a regular team rather than one off guest bloggers so this is really important
How to apply
Please email me at [email protected] with the following details:
- A short paragraph about yourself and why you’d be perfect for this position (no mammoth essays please!)
- Do you have a particular niche or speciality you’d like to focus on?
- 3-4 examples of blog posts you’ve already written
- 2-3 ideas for blog posts you’d like to write for The Travel Hack. (A title and brief summary is fine)
- Links to examples of your own photos
- Links to any relevant social media channels
If you have any questions, please pop them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.