Do you wish you had more money to travel?
If your answer to that question is a big, fat ‘YES!’ then you need to join in with the #Save4Trek Twitter chat on March 5th.
Pretty much every single person I know (myself included!) wishes they had more money to travel. Whether they’re young or old, backpackers or luxury travellers, solo travellers or family travellers, everyone wishes they could travel just that little bit more.
Finances are usually the main factor in holding us back from travelling more. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve wistfully said, ‘When I win the lottery I’ll go here and here and there and there…..’
But until that day comes, when we finally get lucky and win the lottery, it’s good old fashioned hard work and saving that’s funding our adventures!
That’s why I’m joining Trek America for a Twitter chat to talk about saving money for travelling.
Unlike most Twitter chats, we’re not setting the questions. We’re asking you guys to tweet us with your travel and saving related questions and then everyone will have a good go at answering them during the chat. We’re looking for everyone to get involved in answering and sharing their top tips for saving for travel.
You don’t have to be saving for a Trek America trip to join in with the chat. Anyone who wants to save to travel should come and get involved!
Date: Thursday 5th March, 6pm (GMT)
Venue: Twitter at @TrekAmerica and @TheTravelHack
Get the date in your diary and start thinking of some saving related questions!
Tips for taking part in a Twitter chat
If it’s your first time taking part in a Twitter chat and you’re not sure what to do, here are my top tips
- Use Tweetdeck – This is a really easy to use social media dashboard containing lots of different streams. Hootsuite is another popular option but I often find Hootsuite has a slight delay so you’re always 30 seconds behind.
- Set up a stream for the #Save4Trek hashtag so you can see everything being said
- Set up a stream for your @mentions too so you can see anyone replying to your Tweets
- Always try to use the #Save4Trek hashtag during the chat, otherwise people who don’t follow you won’t see what you’re saying
- Questions will be tweeted with Q1, Q2, Q3 etc. If you’re directly answering a question, add A1, A2, A3 etc so everyone knows which question your answer related to
- Try to keep up with the questions and comments but don’t worry if you fall behind.
- If you’re tweeting from a mobile device make sure you select ‘All Tweets’ when you’re following the hashtag. Mobile devices tend to automatically show ‘Top Tweets’ so you’ll only see the popular tweets rather than what everyone involved is saying.
- Keep in touch with people from the chat. I feel like such a geek saying this but I’ve made some of my best friends through Twitter chats!
All of my posts from my Trek America adventure can be found here.