Thank you to everyone who has already enquired about joining The Travel Hack Team! I announced on my Instagram Stories that I’m looking to reignite things with the team and get a few new bloggers on board and I’ve been inundated with requests for more information.
I launched The Travel Hack Team way back in 2015 when I was expecting my first child, George. I was joined by 8 incredible travel bloggers like Elle Croft, Taylor Hearts Travel and Mollie Bylett (who wrote about her experience writing for the team here). I’m so happy to see that being part of the team helped bloggers like Mollie to understand the relationship between bloggers and brands.
What is The Travel Hack?
The Travel Hack is one of the UK’s leading travel blogs with 200,000 monthly views and over 350,000 followers on social media.
Our main focus moving forwards will be on weekend breaks and providing tips and inspiration for short holidays for a UK audience.
If this sounds like your travel style, keep reading…
Why be a Travel Hack Blogger?
The Travel Hack is ranked as one of the top 10 travel blogs in the UK
The blog receives over 200,000 monthly pageviews and grows enormously each month
Whenever possible, you’ll be able to take my place on press trips.
Bloggers like Elle have been to Japan, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, LA, Canada (twice!), France, The Philippines, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Venice, Edinburgh for Hogmanay, Lanzerote, Fuerteventura, Singapore and had a fair few business class flights along the way! Elle now only works on paid campaigns and we often travel together.
You’ll have the chance to review new products
Links to your blog and social media profiles in your author bio
Learn more about the business of blogging
All team members will get access to my e-course The Blogger Course which re-opens in September!
I’m looking for bloggers with a creative flare and a passion for travel who can create interesting, informative, engaging and shareable travel content.
The ideal team members would be aspiring bloggers or freelance photographers, videographers or writers looking for an online platform to showcase their talents and use it as a portfolio.
- The Travel Hack offers a combination of personal travel stories and useful travel tips that will help and inspire people to travel more. You should be able to create posts that continue this theme and have a list of blog post ideas as long as your leg.
- Able to write 2 blog posts per month
- Each article should be accompanied by your own photography or photos that are appropriately sourced and credited
- Passion (or borderline obsession) for travel
- Familiarity with travel blogs
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Bursting with creative ideas
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Understanding of SEO and writing for online audiences
- Fantastic photographer – preferably with a DSLR or high quality camera
- Able to commit to 6 months – I’d like to create a regular team rather than one off guest bloggers so this is really important
- UK based
- Able to blog about the theme of weekend breaks
- If you’re interested in attending events and press trips then you’ll need to be flexible and reliable as press trips are often organised 2-3 weeks in advance
Please note that unless we have already worked together then it would be at least 3-4 months before I could offer you a press trip place.
How to apply
Please email me at [email protected] with the following details:
- A short paragraph about yourself and why you’d be perfect for this position
- Do you have a particular niche or speciality you’d like to focus on?
- 3-4 examples of blog posts you’ve already written
- 2-3 ideas for blog posts you’d like to write for The Travel Hack. (A title and brief summary is fine)
- Links to examples of your own photos
- Links to any relevant social media channels
If you have any questions, please pop them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Top tip for aspiring bloggers: Photography is such a huge, huge part of travel blogging and they say a picture speaks a thousand words! So if you’d like to apply, I’d highly recommend working on your photography skills and showcasing your gorgeous pictures through Instagram. If you’re a photographer but you’re not as confident in your writing skills then please do apply! I can easily edit and tweak writing and we can work together to tell your story. Basically, I can fix bad writing but I can’t fix a bad photo.