If you’re looking for the best women’s paddle board and paddle board clothing then you’re in the right place. I’ve tried out countless women’s paddle boards and I purchased my own a couple of years ago. I truly believe I’ve got the best paddle board for smaller women and I am so pleased with it!
Today, I’d like to share the paddle board I believe is best for women (particularly smaller or petite women) along with my paddle board clothing for all seasons.
The best paddle board for women
I have the O’Shea 9’8” HPx Tangerine and I think this is best paddle board for women. I’ve tried so many paddle boards over the years and this is 100% my favourite.
This is such a great paddle board for women as it’s slightly smaller than many boards and is ultra lightweight.
This board was designed for light to medium riders weighing less than 80kg so it’s great for women and teens too.
This paddle board for women weighs just 7KG and is 20% lighter than any fusion or MSL, making it much easier to carry and transport. It’s stiffer too and there’s compromise on its durability and resistance to wear and tear and UV.
The board is compact and easy to fold. Once folded away it goes into a backpack with all the accessories and weighs 10.1kg.
If I’m totally honest, I still find this 10.1kg backpack really heavy! I do carry it for short distances but I’m carrying it a long way then I’ll pop it into our beach trolley!
Best wetsuit for women paddle boarding
I have a 2XU Propel wetsuit that I originally bought for open water swimming during a triathlon.
I absolutely LOVE this wetsuit. I feel like a Power Ranger whenever I’m wearing it.
It’s comfortable and flexible so it’s great for the movement needed when paddle boarding.
It is an expensive one but I’ve had mine for over 10 years now and it’s still looking great (although a bit tighter than it was when I was 24!!)
- SCS coating (hydrodynamic silicone coating) - reduces resistance when taking the suit on and off and alleviates water resistance
- Concave water entrapment zone/ enhanced floating zip panel
- 520% stretch lining (internal) for enhanced lateral flexibility
- Roll bar technology - lifts the hips in the water for better body rotation, improved body position and increased core buoyancy in the water
- Lower leg propulsion panel
Best life jacket for women paddle boarding
I have the Jobe Unify Life Vest and it’s THE BEST. I love this life jacket. It’s so comfortable and soft and offers me lots of flexibility and movement.
A comfortable life vest is something that’s really important to me because I know I’d be tempted to not wear it if it’s uncomfortable. As a child I always had uncomfortable life vests and I hated wearing them. I kayaked a lot when I was a kid and my life jackets would often ruin my experience as they chafed my chin and made it difficult to move.
So I’m a bit of a softy now and me and my kids all have these Jobe life vests.
Yes, they’re expensive but they’re worth every penny!
My paddle board clothing when it’s warm
When temperatures are cooler, I’ll always wear the wetsuit I’ve mentioned above. Yes, sometimes I get hot but the thought of falling into cold water without a wetsuit keeps me in a wetsuit! It could also be dangerous to fall into very cold water without a wetsuit.
Throughout the summer months I find it’s warm enough to paddle board without a wetsuit, particularly on the river where I know it’s unlikely I’ll fall in.
When it’s warm enough, I actually don’t believe you need any specialist paddle board clothing, more just basic exercise clothing.
My paddle board clothing when it’s warm and I know it’s unlikely I’ll fall in is:
- Sports leggings (the kind you’d wear to exercise or go to the gym)
- A sports bra
- A t-shirt
- A fleece
My paddle board clothing when it’s warm and I’ll probably fall in is:
- Board shorts
- Rash vest
My paddle board clothing when it’s hot is:
- A long sleeved swimsuit (or just a bikini if it’s really hot)
- A cap
My paddle board clothing when it’s cold
(Now this is where some specialist clothing comes in and I’ve linked it all below!)
- My swimsuit
- My wetsuit
- Waterproof socks
- Woolly hat
Best women’s shoes for paddle boarding
When it’s warm enough I’ll always paddle board barefoot. This is always fine if I’m on the beach or beside a grassy river but if I’m paddling somewhere where it will be awkward to get out of the water barefoot then I’ll wear my Teva sandals and attach them to my board using the velcro straps. (I like the Teva Midform sandals as they have a nice wedge on them!)
- Quick-dry webbing made from recycled plastic using traceable, verifiable REPREVE polyester yarn by Unifi supports your foot and stands up to abuse
- Injection-molded strap ends for quick and easy grip and adjustability, Easy hook-and-loop closure comes on and off quickly and gets the fit just right
- Robust EVA footbed for enhanced comfort built for all-day wear
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
- Rubber outsole for durability and traction
Paddleboarding shoes when it’s cold
When it’s too cold to go barefoot then I wear watershoes and if it’s really cold I’ll wear waterproof socks underneath them. I have the funmoon barefoot watershoes and I really like them. Waterproof socks are actually intended for cold water swimming but they’re also great beneath watershoes for extra warmth.
- 【Perfect Material】The water shoes for men was made of breathable Ultra Light fabrics with fine stretch on uppers, flexible and comfortable. Foot safty, high-quality rubber sole, which protects your feet from being hurt by sharp objects. With an ergonomically molded, shock absorption performance cushioning separated protective toe.
- 【Unisex Amphibious Aqua Shoes】 Kinds of colors and sizes available, the sole was made of Non-slip rubber, durable and durable, anti-slip texture on the bottom, to enhance grip, easy to fit a variety of terrain. Perfect for group outing,family outing, running, hiking , company with your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend. Wearing this amphibious aqua shoes makes both of you looks very shiny.
- 【Unique Design】Comfortable upper: The shoes are made of four-sided elastic material, which fits the feet softly, comfortable, breathable, quick-drying and not stuffy. Flexible elastic design: Flexible and durable, the shoe body is light and soft, can be twisted at will, fits your feet, and is comfortable. EVA small foam insole: soft and sweat-absorbent, to eliminate the sultry inside the shoes, to prevent odor in the shoes, keep your feet clean at all times.
- 【Easy Carry and Keep】Ultra lightweight, flexible and high-elastic. You can put it in your bag after easily compression pack and take it to everywhere to enjoy your beach vacation. Because of this swimming shoes for men and women also designed with quick-drying drainage system, it has the drain hole at the bottom of the shoe can quickly remove excess water in the shoe and prevent stuffy feet or foot slip. They do not take up space, very convenient.
- 【Occassions of Unisex Water Shoes】The best water shoes for women men boys and girls. Great for use on the beach, walking indoor, yoga, swimming, diving, snorkeling, pool, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, cycling, jogging, walking, fishing, beach volleyball, gardening, lawn, driving.
- Made of 3mm premium composite material of SCR neoprene and imported nylon, high-elastic and have a remarkable thermal insulation performance and a long life span. They can effectively slow down the feet temperature loss and protect your feet from hurting by some sharp objects.
- All seams of our wetsuit socks were glued and blind stitched. That is more complicated than general sewing, which can lessen water leakage, maintain better thermal insulation and enhance their durability.
- Note: 1. do not climb rock or walk on smooth plank road with it because of the hard PU rubber material. 2. Diving sock isn’t a completely water-proof product, but a diving equipment to match wetsuits. Unavoidably water may come through the stitched seams and the ankle part of socks inch by inch. So you have to think twice if you want to purchase a completely water-proof one.
- With anti-slip design on bottom, toes part and heel part of the socks to help increase friction and prevent chafing, fitting for beach, diving, snorkeling, swimming, scuba, surfing, and other water sports. Our socks can be worn alone or together with foot fins.
- To ensure you're satisfied with our products, we offer a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If our water socks damaged when you receive, we'll send you a new one at no cost.
Best changing robe for paddle boarding
I have the Red Pro Change robe and I love it. It’s so snug and cosy and it’s great for putting on when you’re cold after a paddle. As the name suggests, it’s also great for getting changed beneath whether you’re on the beach, by the side of a river or in a car park!
I’ll often pop this on ontop of a damp swimming costume and drive home wearing it so I don’t need to even bother getting changed.
I also highly recommend the Red Changing Robe Stash Bag which compresses your robe into a tiny bag. It’s then easy to carry and cuts down on unnecessarily bulky bags. You could then easily take it on your board with you or it just makes it easier to store. I keep mine in the boot of the car all year round because it doesn’t really take up any space!
- ADVANCED FABRIC TECHNOLOGY: so you can feel dry, warm and comfortable in the waterproof and breathable robe, ideal for year round use with shorter sleeve
- CHAMPIONS COMPACT DESIGN: with ultra-lightweight fabric, even folds into a 10L dry bag, sold separately
- MAKE CHANGING EASY: keep hands free with multiple storage pockets including new inner pockets and magnet closing outer pockets for added protection
- EXTRA COMFORTABLE: super soft inner fleecing works to draw water off the skin for dryness in any weather, advanced moisture wicking technology and new toggle hood design
- PACKED WITH FEATURES: such as the new longer robe length and stretch side panels for unrestricted changing; sizing based on user height not build
- STORE CHANGE ROBES EASILY: with our handy compression bag, which can store up to an XL Pro Change EVO
- COMPRESS BAG AND CONTENTS SMALL: with the two compression straps and air dump valve
- DURABLE RIP STOCK FABRIC: stitched and taped at the seams for abrasion resistance
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: 12 Litre stash bag includes padded detachable carry strap for comfort
- LOCATE AND STORE ITEMS: quickly with the roll top closure, which also ensures waterproof capabilities
Best waterproof bag for paddle boarding
I have two waterproof bags I use when I go paddle boarding.
The first is a small waist bag I use for my phone and my keys and if I’m just going for a quick paddle then this is the only one I take. I like the way it sits comfortably around my waist and as it’s slim on my hips and doesn’t get in my way with any added bulk. (These come in a pack of two which is a bit annoying because I only needed one but these are the best I could find. So at least if you order them you can gift one to a friend!)
I have a second, larger dry bag I’ll take with me when I’m going for a longer paddle and I’ll usually put some snacks and drinks and a fleece inside it. I have elastics on the front of my board so I can secure this larger bag onto my board.
- 【Waterproof Guarantee】- With IPX8 super waterproof seal performance , this waterproof bag provides comprehensive protection for devices in a variety of environments. Features include Three Zip-lock Seals and a Folding Velcro over top, which ensures a perfect seal, and keeps your phone and valuables safe and dry.
- 【Large Capacity】- The waterproof pouch (measuring 8.5 X 6.2 inches) can meet your storage requirements of smartphone, wallet, passport, keys and other personal items. It can even fits one iPad Mini 1/2/3.
- 【Extra Long Adjustable Elastic Waistband】- The waistband is adjustable and long enough to be comfortable to wear, can fit waist sizes between 68cm~160cm, and maximize the waist size needs of most outdoor enthusiasts. Suitable for everyone who loves water sports.
- 【Extremely Durable & Screen Touch Friendly】- Made of high-quality soft-touch PVC material, it prevents your items from being scratched by sharp objects like stones or branches.
- 【What You Get】- This Waterproof Waist Bag come with Worry-free 12+24 month warranty, fast and easy-to-reach customer service and 24/7 email support for your peace of mind.
- ✅100% WATERPROOF GURANTEE: Made of stiff 500D PVC material and designed with roll-top closure, Unigear waterproof bag protects your phones, camera, clothes, documents and snacks from Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt.
- ✅ANTI LEAK AND ANTI TEAR: Features fully welded seams by high-frequency tech, our dry sack provides a stronger and more durably waterproof construction. Abrasion resistant for long lasting, perfect for boating, fishing, paddling, swimming and hiking.
- ✅EASY AND COMFORTABLE TO CARRY: Comes with a single strap for 2L/5L/10L/20L dry bags, two straps for 30L and 40L.Extra-long and adjustable for convenient carry & comfort. Multi styles to carry for better looking. Reinforce the stress point of D-rings with double sewing, no ripping again even for heavy load.
- ✅VERSATILE AND DURABLE: You can leave the dry bag float on the water during river trip or other water sporting, no more worry about your items getting wet. The buckle and D-rings are upgraded with POM material, stronger than other traditional buckle. It will not break for frequent use.
- ✅If you have any questions about product size or material before purchase, Please feel free to contact us. And if there are any quality problems within one year, you can contact us for after-sales service.
Best gloves for paddle boarding
I highly recommend getting yourself a pair of neoprene non-slip gloves if you’re planning to go paddle boarding in cold temperatures. As soon as your hands get cold it’s so hard to hold onto your paddle and it will cut your time on the water short.
I have very small hands so I actually have kids neoprene gloves. I like buying things like this from Amazon so you can order a few pairs and easily send back the ones that don’t fit.
- 1. Perfect protection: This diving gloves with anti-slip design on palm and warm thermal materials to protect your hands from hurt by rocks or other sharp objects and keep warm while underwater, besides, the gloves can cover your wrist tightly, provide extra fit and prevent sands or other small things coming in, just enjoy it safely (However, kindly be noted it is not a completely waterproof product, but a diving equipment to match wetsuits )
- 2.Premium Material: Slinx five finger dive wetsuit gloves made with 3MM premium neoprene for durability that will last and does not penetrate, to give you a flexible and comfortable fit, you have less restrictions and less hand fatigue during water sports.
- 3.Comfortable Underwater Experience: These gloves are constructed with 3mm softy double lined Neoprene to give you a flexible and comfortable fit. The gloves can be used for long time even frequent use and protect your hands from puncture, scratch and cold water.
- 4. Wide Application: This swimming surfing gloves with hi-grip textured palm that helps provide secure handling of lights, slates and other small items, wonderful for snorkeling, swimming, scuba, surfing, sailing, kayaking, diving, perfect gift idea for mother, father, family, friends, lover...ect.
- 5. Full Coverage: 150% high stretch and excellent recovery, This neoprene diving paddling gloves can be fitted and adjusted all size available for kids, men or women, please choose the size according to your palm width and reference to our size table image, However, due to everyone’s palm shape is difference and measuring tolerance ±1cm allowed, if you feel not fit for your size, please simply contact with us freely and we will offer you a replacement or a refund, Click the 'Add to Cart' now!
Best electric pump to inflate your board
I made do with a hand pump for almost two years but I finally upgraded to an electric pump. Why oh why didn’t I do this sooner! I was finding I was so tired before I’d even got on the water and the thought of pumping up my board was putting me off from going for a quick paddle.
I have the Outdoor Master Paddle Board Pump and I highly rate it.
I plug it into my car which is fine for me because I almost always drive to wherever I’ll be paddleboarding.
If you don’t drive when you paddle board then it’s worth getting a rechargeable paddle board pump such as this one. They’re a bit more expensive but well worth it so you don’t need to pump it up at a plug or car.
- MAX 20 PSI HIGH PRESSURE - This Electric Air Pump Compressor / Air Inflator with powers reaches up to15 PSI and be able to inflate a 260L inflatable paddle board in about 10 minutes. The intelligent single-stage paddle board pump with an 20 PSI max speed at 40L/min.
- SMALL, LIGHTWEIGHT BUT FASTER - This electric iSUP pump is faster than most small air pumps on the market. Enjoy the sleekly-designed DOLPHIN paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation.
- SMART SUP PUMP WITH AUTO-OFF FUNCTION - The auto-off function turns the pump off when target pressure is reached during inflating, and thus prevents damages to your SUPs, inflatables or other pool toys.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING - Use the digital display to set your desired pressure and monitor the pressure in real time. Four rubber suction cup feet serve well as shock absorbers. PUMPING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
- 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS - Connects to your car's 12V DC connector. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including H3 valve.Also, the DOLPHIN has gone through rigorous testing and has CE certification. Durable quality and eco-friendly materials offer a promising summer journey.
- 【Smart and Adjustable 20PSI ELECTRIC AIR PUMP】The inflatable paddle board pump electric portable is equipped with a smart digital display, you can set the desired target pressure and monitor the pressure in real-time. The supported working range is 0-20 PSI. When the pressure reaches the preset pressure value, the safety intelligent pressure system will automatically stop charging
- 【Efficient, dual-mode Paddle Board Pump】Ruitx sup pump for paddle board can provide inflation and deflation modes, efficiently and easily inflate and deflate your SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) and water sports pool inflator devices. You can enjoy water entertainment immediately, or pack inflatable products in a few minutes
- 【Easy to use Two-Stage Rechargeable PUMP】 Equipped with a 12V DC connector and 3.6 ft long hose, As long as the cigarette lighter is plugged into the car power supply, Built-in 6000mah Battery, easy and fast to inflate up 2 paddle boards,sup pump electric portable can be operated immediately.
- 【Wide range of use】The 20PSI sup electric air pump is equipped with 6 different nozzles, Meet Inflatable paddle board, kayak, yoga ball, inflatable tent, air mattress, floating row, etc. Great value for money
- 【Customer Service】If there is a problem after the product is received, please contact us in time and we will give you a satisfactory solution
Best flask for your cuppa!
Now this might just be the most important item on the list! You’ve got to have a flask for your cuppa!
I tend to take 2-3 insulated flasks when I go paddleboarding.
I take an insulated water bottle so I’ve got cold water when it’s hot.
I take a small, leak-proof flask for a coffee while I’m paddling. I like the Bodum travel mugs. I’ve had mine for years and it doesn’t leak and is easy to clean.
And I take this 1.2 litre thermos filled with hot water which I leave in the car along with some coffee and tea bags, so I can make a fresh cuppa when I get back to the car and offer one to anyone else I’m with. Sometimes I’ll fill this with soup too which is the best snack after a chilly paddle.
- KEEP YOUR DRINKS ICE COLD FOR 18 HOURS OR HOT FOR 6 HOURS – Our revolutionary Thermo Shield insulation isolates its contents from the outside world, ensuring the original temperature is preserved perfectly. Fantastic for iced cold water, tea, coffee, soup, energy drinks, still or fizzy fruit juice and protein shakes
- ECO FRIENDLY AND 100% FOOD SAFE – Formed from highest quality rust-resistant 304 food grade stainless steel inside and out, maintaining the taste and purity of your favourite drinks, while providing a healthy, reusable, sustainable alternative to disposable plastic bottles. BPA and phthalate-free
- LEAK-PROOF AIRTIGHT SCREW TOP STRAW LID – Precision engineering and premium quality materials combine to ensure that our lightweight, rugged bottles will be a reliable companion in the most demanding of adventures. Tested to the most rigorous standards, you can rely on our bottles – from the spinning class to the Sahara, you won’t sacrifice a drop
- BOUTIQUE QUALITY - Stylish colours and rare, limited edition designs provide unrivalled opportunities for self-expression, or unique gifts which are sure to be treasured. Constantly evolving, our artists strive to create fresh new designs as individual as you are
- CONVENIENT AND SUSTAINABLE – Our comprehensive range of easy-to-carry styles, combined with easy to clean, hygienic, all stainless steel construction ensures that it has never been easier to choose the perfect bottle – for you and the planet we all share. Fits most cup holders
- The inner cup is made of high-quality double-walled stainless steel
- Better insulation performance so that hot drinks stay warm for longer and cold even longer
- Heat resistant and non-slip silicone ring for a firm and safe handling
- Stylish, practical travel mug for hot and cold drinks.
- Please note: Please do always keep the mug upright. This travel mug is not leak-proof due to possible over pressure
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, keeps hot for 24 hours and cold for 24 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior with insulated stainless steel serving cup
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids and sweat-proof with cold
- Twist and pour stopper allows you to pour without removing the stopper
- Dimensions LxWxH:30.5 x 13 x 9 cm
Should you wear a waterproof watch when paddleboarding?
As long as you’re paddle boarding with your phone (which you always should be – read about for a waterproof bag recommendation) then wearing a waterproof watch isn’t totally necessary but it is recommended.
I always wear a waterproof watch when I’m paddle boarding so I can quickly and easily check the time. I also like to measure my heart rate and calories burned, but that’s just me being geeky, it’s not a necessity.
I wear a Withings Steel HR watch (I have a full Withings Steel HR review here). I really like this because it looks like a simple, elegant and stylish watch but it actually does everything a bulky activity tracker does.
I often go for a quick paddle before I pick my kids up from school so it’s really important I keep an eye on the time.
You may also need to know the time so you know what to expect with tides and it’s particularly important if you’re paddling in the winter when it can quickly get dark.
I also find I can easily lose track of time when I’m paddleboarding. Time goes so fast when I’m on my board so I like to wear a watch!
If you don’t already have a waterproof watch then I wouldn’t say you need to rush out and buy another expensive piece of kit. But I would set an alarm on your phone to remind you when it’s time to get out of the water – just in case you lose track of time. This also means you won’t need to keep checking your phone as you know you’ll get the alert when it’s time to get out.
- DAY and OVERNIGHT HEART RATE - Enjoy heart rate tracking day and night plus continuous tracking during workouts.
- DAILY ACTIVITY TRACKING - Automatically counts steps, calories and distance.
- AUTOMATIC SLEEP MONITORING - Wake to a Sleep Score based on light and deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth and regularity.
- MULTISPORT TRACKING - Tracks 30+ sports and maps your session with distance, elevation and pace via connected GPS.
- RECORD BATTERY LIFE - Spend more time moving and less time charging with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 25 days.