Looking for travel gifts for her? I’ve got you covered with 25 Christmas travel gifts for the ladies in your life. Whether you’re buying for your mum, your wife, your friend, a colleague, a family member or, more importantly, looking for travel gift ideas for yourself!
I’ll be honest, everything on this list is things I’ve bought for myself over the past couple of years. I travel a lot so I love useful but beautiful travel gifts that last well and make my travels easier.
If you’ve got a travel loving lady in your life then keep reading to find thoughtful travel-themed gifts that are perfect for Christmas!
Here are 10 thoughtful travel gifts for ladies
1. The Travel Hack Backpack
Of course, I’ve got to start with The Travel Hack Backpack because this is the ultimate bag for any travel lover.
The backpack is the exact dimensions for underseat baggage on planes (so it’s free for those budget Ryanair flights!) making it a perfect option for hand luggage. But it’s also a perfect everyday adventure backpack when you’re out and about with the kids.
- A padded laptop sleeve – which is also the perfect pocket for important documents
- Two drinks bottle holders
- An easy access top pocket – Perfect for keys, money, phone and lippy
- An easy access front pocket – Perfect for travel documents
- A large internal pocket – Big enough for everything else
- A fashionable and space-saving womens Travel Backpack cabin size which fits under the seat. It can hold laptops up to 13", serving as a convenient option for weekend trips too.
- Features an easy access top pocket for purses, sun glasses, phones and travel documents.
- Fits the Ryanair 40x20x25cm' free' underseat hand luggage rules. Flies for free on all other known airlines. Lightweight design weighs just 0.6kg.
2. The perfect long-sleeved swimsuit
I have this long-sleeved swimsuit from Amazon and it is absolute perfection. It fits like a dream and it’s great for adding a little bit of warmth for cold water dips or sun protection if you’re lucky enough to be swimming in hot climates!
It comes in loads of different colours and patterns. I have the blue and pink leaf print. I usually wear a size 8-10 and got this in small and it fits perfectly.
And it gets a bonus point because it doesn’t ride up your arse every time you kick your legs!
- Description of size (Unit: cm) XS/UK8:Bust 82-87,Waist 60-75,Hips 82-92; S/UK10-12:Bust 88-92,Waist 65-80,Hips 88-98; M/UK14:Bust 93-97,Waist 70-85,Hips 93-103; L/UK16:Bust 98-102,Waist 75-90,Hips...
- Long sleeve one Piece Swimwear.High stretch fabric.
- Without underwire, sponge breast pad swimsuit.
3. A framed print of a special place
Is there a particular place that is really special to her? If there is then consider getting a framed print of that place.
Check out Travel Print Store on Etsy for beautiful photos.
Fy also have a great selection of travel themed posters which are available framed or unframed for a budget option.
4. Frame your favourite holiday snap
A budget friendly yet incredibly personal Mother’s Day gift is to frame one of her favourite holiday photos. You get extra brownie points if it’s an old photo from years ago and she’s completely forgotten about it!
I like Photobox for framed prints or you could get the photo printed at Boots or a local supermarket and pick up a frame while you’re there. Dunelm and The Range have nice, affordable frames – just remember with Dunelm that you need to order online and pickup in store at the moment.
5. A travel magazine subscription
The thing I love about magazine subscriptions is that it’s a little gift every month for a whole year! When you’re looking for a travel magazine, don’t forget about the local ones too. I subscribe to the usuals like Conde Nast Traveller but my favourites are ones for specific areas I visit a lot such as Welsh Border Life and Welsh Coastal Life.
6. A travel jewellery box
If you’re looking for a pretty way to travel with jewellery without earrings getting lost and necklaces getting tangled then you need this travel jewellery box. It’s a compact and pretty way to organise jewellery.
- [ALL-IN-ONE] This travel jewellery case features 6 ring rolls, 3 necklace hooks, 1 elastic pocket, 1 zippered pocket and 4 divided compartments to ensure your precious pieces remain tangle- and...
- [IDEAL SIZE FOR TRAVELLING] Mini Size and the light weight make your travel more convenient (Size: 10cm X 10cm X 5cm, Weight: 120g)
- [MADE TO LAST] The jewellery box is well made to withstand shocks or luggage drops to keep your jewellery safe while travelling.
7. Silicone Travel Bottles
These gorgeous silicone travel bottles from OneNine5 will help reduce plastic waste and help to organise your travel toiletries. Silicone bottles are best as they don’t go brittle and split and they’re easy to squash and squeeze all of your products out.
- ♻️ 3-PACK OF REUSABLE SILICONE TRAVEL BOTTLES so you can ditch the single-use toiletries on the move. If you've got larger bottles of soap or hand sanitiser gel, our reusable bottles are perfect...
- ♻️ COMPLY WITH THE 100ML RULE WITH OUR TSA APPROVED (AIRPORT FRIENDLY) BOTTLES that hold up to 65ml of liquids, which is clearly printed so you can breeze through airport security.
- ♻️ WITH A LEAK-PROOF DESIGN AND WIDE NECK simply unscrew the lid to pour your favourite cosmetics and toiletries into a bottle before you travel.
8. A heated vest
A great travel gift for ladies who feel the cold, or regularly travel in the cold, is a heated vest. I have a big list of the best heated jackets but a vest is a good option as it’s more affordable and can be worn beneath another (often nicer) coat.
- ★【Safety & Intelligent】Rrtizan heated vest designed with the latest carbon fiber and imported high-quality TPU heating sheet for quick heat up. If up, it would stop running until the heat...
- ☀【Heated Coats with 3 Temperature Control】Fast heating within 1-3 seconds, 5 Heating pads will warm you up to 60-65℃/149℉ across core body areas (left waist, right waist, left flank, right...
- ❃【Free Size & Unisex Style】Freedom of waist-size, adjustable as needed, a simple electrically heated jacket suitable for men and women, which is great for all kinds of winter sports or outdoor...
9. Luggage scales
This makes a great little travel stocking stuffer! Travel scales are great for anyone who tends to overpack. Or, at the other end of the scale, anyone who travels light and needs to keep their luggage under that 10kg suitcase allowance!
- 【Separate Unit Key】 Switch units arbitrarily even you are weighing. Unlike the one key digital luggage scales, you have to reopen it to change units. ★MYCARBON luggage scales are easy to switch...
- 【Upgrade Battery Cover】It was locked by a screw(screwdriver included), avoid inaccurate measurements caused by the loose battery. ★Suitcase weighing scale capacity up to 110lb/ 50 kg, deviation...
- 【White Backlight】More clear display than other colors backlight, This luggage scale is easy to read in darkness or under the strong sunlight. ★Suitcase scales with TARE / LOCK WEIGHT, AUTO OFF...
10. NEOM portable wellbeing pod
I loved my Neom pod so much I got the portable one too and I use it was more than my normal, plugin one. You add an essential oil (with no water) and you can take it anywhere. It’s also the perfect size to fit in a cup holder in your car so it’s nice for long road trips (especially with stinky dogs and children in the back!) and it doesn’t spill so it’s easy to take away in your luggage.
- SUIT YOUR MOOD – The Wellbeing Pod Mini releases essential oils into the air at the touch of a button. Pair with any NEOM Essential Oil blend to meet your wellbeing need.
- LUXURY GIFT – The perfect gift for a loved one; ideal birthday present, or just to show you care. Indulge friends or family or indeed yourself with the NEOM Wellbeing Pod Mini.
- 100% NATURAL FRAGRANCES – NEOM Essential Oil Blends are specially designed to help your wellbeing needs, whether you are looking for Better Sleep, Less Stress, Mood Boost or More Energy.
11. Boot Buddy
A great travel gift for any ladies who love to hike or spend a lot of time outdoors is a Boot Buddy. It’s a tough scrubbing brush you can fill with water. I leave it in the back of my car full of soapy water so we can quickly and easy scrub the mud off our boots. It’s so much easier when your boots are still wet and it stops your car getting covered in mud.
- MULTIPLE USES − The Boot Buddy is as effective with bikes, wheelchair or pram wheels as it is with boots; so whether you've been jumping in muddy puddles, playing on wet and muddy fields, hiking up...
- CLEANS BOOTS AND FOOTWEAR IN MINUTES − Non-electric, hand-operated and very easy-to-use, this boot brush takes the strain out of cleaning footwear, cleaning the most stubborn mud in minutes,...
- Heel Height: 2 inches Material Composition: 100% Other Fabric Shoe Cleaner Brush Width: Medium
12. Thermal socks
Because it’s winter and it’s cold and, come on, who doesn’t need more thermal socks? I have these ones and they’re so cosy and soft and lovely.
- Thick Wool Socks: These thick socks, containing 35% wool and full of terry inside the socks, are suitable for whole winter, no matter how cold it is.
- Comfortable to Wear: These socks are knitted by machine, and due to solid colors, there is no extra threads inside the socks, except the animal-patterned style.
- Winter Socks: The five pairs are all in different colors and some of them are full of youth and others are elegant. All of them can be a perfect match with your winter dressing.
13. Resistance bands
OK, a bit niche but if you’re buying a Christmas gift for someone who likes to keep fit but also travels a lot then these resistance bands are a game-changer. I bought them for Sam (my husband) to do some specific stretches when he had a running injury but we both use them all the time now. They’re great for workouts in small spaces.
- We're So Confident You're Going To Love Your New Resistance Exercise Hip Booty Bands.
- Strong and Versatile: Best exercise bands for hips and legs, it can also be the poweful training tool for whole body. SAWANS Bands are ideal for assisting in P90x, CrossFit, Yoga, Pilates and Hot Yoga...
- 3 Levels of Resistance: 3 Levels of resistance from elementary to expert, suitable for beginner and advanced
14. Dip Nails Starter Kit
If you’re looking for travel gifts for a lady who usually loves a manicure then check out this dip nails starter kit. I’ve been using dip powder on my nails for about 3 months now and it’s the best. It keeps your nails really strong and lasts perfectly for about 2 weeks.
I love a manicure but because I have a busy schedule, I have young kids and travel a lot, I never get time to go to the salon for one so I’m really pleased I’ve discovered dip nails!
15. A spa day (preferably together)
Come on, who doesn’t love a spa day!? And the bonus of this travel gift for her is that you can go with them!
Giving a spa day is a bit easier than arranging a whole holiday and it’s a gorgeous was to spend time together.
Read more: My last spa day at Bath‘s thermo spa!
16. An outdoor kettle – Ghillie Kettle or Kelly Kettle
This is one for all the outdoorsy ladies who love a long walk and coffee stop in the middle of nowhere. It’s also great if you have young children who need a bit of excitement to keep them motivated half way through a walk.
I have a Ghillie Kettle (Kelly Kettle is similar but a different brand). You make a little fire using twigs and boil your water in the kettle. It’s great for camping, fishing and outdoor activities and I’ll admit that it’s a bit of a novelty if you’re using it for walking because it would be easier to take a thermos flask with hot water – but it’s fun and the promise of a hot chocolate in the woods is a nice way to encourage the kids to get outdoors!
17. Memory keepers photo storage
This one is for the ladies who love taking and printing photos.
Travel Hack Tip: If you don’t do this already, I highly recommend using the Photobox Free Prints app. Every month you get 50 free photos (you just pay for postage which is £1.49) and I try to do this monthly and print out my favourite moments from that month.
If the lady in your life has lots of photos that could do with some organisation then I highly recommend this photo storage container.
You can actually use this container for lots of different things. I’ve bought one for my mum to organise her plant seeds.
- 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍: Zuvo Plastic storage box has 16 compartment is sturdily designed to organise and store photographs, Stationery, Jewellery, Seed, Medicine, Toys,...
- 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐔𝐌 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘: The storage box is made from durable clear sturdy Plastic. It protects your goods from dust, dirt and assurance you extra depth for larger...
- 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄: Sturdy design, lightweight, strong load-bearing and easy to carry while travelling. The grid inside the box can be moved, so you can adjust the dividers to create...
18. A heated jacket
I know we’re all getting a bit excited that spring is on the way but it’s still freezing out there so treat her to a heated jacket or heated gilet. A heated gilet is an easier option to buy as a gift because they’re cheaper and you can also wear them beneath a normal coat so you don’t need to worry as much about the style and design.
Read more: Blazewear Heated Jacket Review
19. Pretty garden lights
OK, not really a travel gift but anyone who has travelled around SE Asia will have a nostalgic love for festoon lighting! I have these globe festoon lights and I love them. They make the garden feel magical and we’ve had these since 2017 and they’re still like new. We even have them at our caravan (where they’re battered by the wind and the sea air) and they’re fine left up all year round.
If your travel lady doesn’t have outdoor plugs then opt for solar powered lights for a simple way to add some twinkle to her garden. I had these solar powered lights which I also bought in 2017. They’re great in the summer but stop working in the winter when they mustn’t get enough direct sunlight.
20. Wash bag with detachable liquids bag
I love this wash bag from One Nine 5. It’s such a gorgeous, slick design but it also has a detachable liquids pouch for when you go through security which is really handy!
21. Water shoes
Is this a bit niche? Yea, maybe it’s niche but honestly, I’ve just bought myself a pair of water shoes and keep saying to myself, ‘Why oh why didn’t I get a pair of these sooner!?’ I’ve been using them for paddle boarding and at the beach, kayaking, snorkelling and swimming and I’m sure I’ll use them even more in the summer when we go for regular river dips! These are comfy and lightweight and don’t hold too much water so they dry quickly and they’re much better than trainers!
- PERFECT MATERIAL:Upper with salt resistance wear resistance stretch breathable ultra light weight Lycra material for fast draining and cross ventilation, give excellent flexible and comfortable.
- ELASTIC STRAPS:According to the width of the foot quickly adjust the shoes elastic and avoid the annoyance of tying your shoes.
- NON-SLIP&QUICK DRY:Thicken outsole with stronger traction, prevent you from slipping in slippery conditions,Seven drainage holes on each bottom to ensure the water can flow out of soles which creates...
23. A multi plug extension
OK, a slightly boring and practical Christmas gift idea but this is a travel gift for her she’ll use daily and love you for it! If the travel lady in your life has lots of gadgets then she’s going to love this multi plug extension! When you have a laptop, phone, camera, tablet and other devices to charge each evening it comes in very handy – whether you’re at home or travelling in a hotel room with minimal plugs.
- Compact and Portable: TESSAN tower extension lead with USB slots designed by a compact size. The vertical shape takes up little space but can plug many things to the power, providing a tidy and neat...
- Multiple Protection: This surge protected extension lead comes with 1700J surge protector and overload protection, which can ensure safety when you use this plug tower for high rated household...
- 11 in 1 Extension: The multi plug extension sockets with 8 AC outlets are vertically on 4 surfaces, saving space than normal power strip. Multi USB plug with 3 USB covers the charging needs of your...
24. Travel organiser pouch
Another lovely little travel gift from One Nine 5 is their organiser pouch. You can keep all your essentials in one place so they’re neatly organised and you won’t lose anything!
- ♻️ A PREMIUM AND UNISEX POUCH WITH A MULTIPURPOSE DESIGN. Organise and carry those small items and valuables that are crammed in your pockets or lost at the bottom of your handbag and backpack
- ♻️ CONSTRUCTED FROM A DURABLE VEGAN LEATHER OUTER AND 100% RECYCLED PLASTIC LINING. The waterproof zip and water repellent inner lining ensure that your make up, tech and other small items are...
- ♻️ SMALL IN SIZE BUT BIG ON CLEVER STORAGE with a range of inner mesh pockets, elastic loops, dividers and a zipped pocket. Offering unrivalled organisation for those daily items you can’t leave...
25. A holiday!
OK, the perfect travel gift for her is obviously a holiday! This sounds extravagant but it actually doesn’t need to be expensive. Here are some ideas on how to give the gift of travel.
You could buy a voucher for an airline she regularly flies with or a voucher for a hotel. You could go the whole hog and book the entire holiday or book something simple like 1-2 nights away somewhere local. Glamping vouchers are always a great option for a local glamping site!