I’ve been using a beach trolley for nearly two years now to cart the ridiculous amount of stuff we take to the beach. When my kids were little, I loved having a double pushchair to load up with beach paraphernalia but we, stupidly, got rid of it when they got bigger and had to invest in a beach trolley!
Below are 5 of the best beach trolleys you can buy on Amazon.
But before you read more, please read my mini guide to buying one!
Here are some things you need to know before buying a beach trolley:
- Get one with big chunky wheels that will wheel across wet sand. Don’t get one with skinny wheels because it will just sink in the sand and you won’t be able to pull it across any uneven surfaces such as rocks or grass. Don’t forget that it’s even harder to pull once it’s full and heavy so the big wheels are a must.
- Will a small child ever sit inside it? If so, get a strong one.
- Does it need to fit in the boot of your car? Mine doesn’t fit in my car so we’re limited to where it can actually be used!
- Do you have somewhere to store it or does it need to collapse? Unless you have a massive garage, I’d always get a collapsible one. Your beach trolley might not get used during the winter months so it’s handy to be able to pack it away. Also handy if you have a smaller car and you’ll want to transport it to places.
Here are 5 of the best beach trolleys!
Best all-round beach trolley
- 【 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲】 ：Dimension unfolded: 59x21x79cm approx .The roomy internal volume and strong steel frame are providing a 𝟮𝟮𝟬𝐋𝐁𝐒...
- 【𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞】：Coaxial steering is easier to control than 360° Universal wheels, and steered in-situ.No matter which...
- 【𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲】: Folding wagon with 𝟳" diameter 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥-𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 wheels that are three times wider than other...
The Sekey Beach Wagon is one of the best sellers on Amazon thanks to the chunky wheels, reasonable price and folding function.
This beach trolley ticks all the boxes. It even comes in a variety of colours and currently has nearly 800 4.6* reviews on Amazon.
Best budget beach trolley
- CART & COOLER BAG: When you need an extra hand to carry your items, this cart is fit for the job. Whether you are at the supermarket and need somewhere to load the shopping, camping and need help...
- FOLDABLE & COMPACT: This stylish and helpful cart can conveniently fold for practical transport and be stowed away in a compact form. No more bulky metal wagons, this cart is made of a flexible 100%...
- HANDLES A HEAVY LOAD: It’s important to have a cart that can handle your heavy loads, so you don’t have to. This cart has an impressive loading capacity of 80 kg so you can be sure it can handle...
While this isn’t THE cheapest beach wagon, the Nasscarts Foldable Beach Cart is the best value at £89.99. It’s got chunky wheels, it’s collapsible, can comfortably carry up to 80kg and even comes with a matching cooler bag!
There are cheaper ones available but they have such flimsy, skinny wheels that I can’t imagine they’ll last long.
Best heavy duty beach trolley
- Heavy Duty - This product has a 182kg/400lbs load capacity. With the removable strong steel mesh sides, one can carry large size object with ease
- Convenience - The foldable frame design allows one to assemble and disassemble the cart easily
- Durability - This product comes with durable 25.4cm/10-inches diameter rubber wheels to absorb shock and ensure smooth transporting
If you aren’t bothered about what your beach cart looks like then the Amazon basics heavy duty beach trolley is a great option. In fact, I quite like the look of the metal mesh design.
It’s foldable and has chunky, sturdy wheels too.
Best beach trolley with young children
- Spacious: This folding trolley cart comes with a large main compartment to move lots easily , with a small outer compartment and cup holder – easy access to items on-the-go. Great for camping,...
- Overhead canopy: Protection from rain, liquids and dirt – keeps this garden cart dry and clean inside.
- Steel frame, with four wheels: A strong core, supporting everything whilst inside. Two wheels have a 360° movement - this festival trolley transports everything smoothly over different terrains.
If you have young children then there’s a very high chance one of them will jump in the trolley at some point! Whether it’s a long walk or they’re tired after a busy day on the beach, they will want to hitch a ride in the trolley!
This is a great option from Outsunny because it comes with an overhead canopy to keep little ones shaded. It also has two handle styles, one to pull and one to push. I personally find it much easier to push when you’ve got a heavy load so this extra push bar is a great addition.
It also has those vital chunky wheels, it’s foldable and has handy pockets for drinks and other essentials.
Best beach trolley with a vintage look
- HEAVY DUTY WHEELS - Our 4 wheel trolley have large inflated tyres perfect for all terrains like beach, garden, festivals, camping, fishing or a shopping trolley. Will not shred or crack like plastic
- BUILT TO LAST - Our festival trolley is made with solid steel, timber and rubber. It easily carrys heavy loads (100kg capacity) These pull along carts will last a lifetime and won't tear like fabric
- SAFE FOR KIDS - As a European business our wagons are tested to highest European safety standards. Kids love to haul toys around in our kids wagons. If you want kids to play outside more, make it fun!
I have this Toby Wagon. And yes, it’s cute and I love this vintage look. It’s also really great quality and I know it will last us for years and years. This is the kind of thing you pass on from generation to generation!
While I do love the look of it, it isn’t perfect.
Like I said above, it doesn’t fold and it’s too big to fit in my car. I drive a Kia Sportage which actually has a big boot but this beach cart is too big. This means I’m limited in the amount of places I can take it.
I also find that it’s heavy and the handle is just a little bit too short to comfortably pull it. It’s an ideal size for a child to push or pull but it’s not great for an adult, and I’m only 5’3 so that’s saying something! My kids will pull it for a bit but they lose interest pretty quickly.
Despite its imperfections, it does look cute so if you won’t be pulling it far and you’re all about the aesthetic then this is a good quality option.
Which beach trolley would I buy?
If I didn’t already own one, I’d buy the Outsunny beach cart with the canopy and the push handle.
I like that it’s:
- Has a push handle (easier to push)
- The push handle also makes it easier to control on hills as it doesn’t run away from you as easily
- It has a shade canopy (good for kids and picnics)
There is a slightly cheaper one on Amazon which is virtually the same, it just doesn’t come with a canopy. It’s the Beau Jardin camping cart and it has that same push handle.
- LARGE CAPACITY : Large load folding wagon cart outside dimensions approx 49.2"Lx22.6"Wx31.5"H. The collapsible utility wagon cart inside size is 33.5"Lx20"Wx10.6"H. Ground to the top of the handle is...
- Weight capacity :The wheel of the canvas wagon is 2.8" wide and 7.9" in diameter, the utility wagon collapsible heavy duty frame. The spacing of the wheels can be adjusted randomly to suit different...
- 360 degrees wheels and adjustable handle : The folding wagon come with heavy duty wheels - rotates 360, the wagon cart all terrain wheels suit different road surfaces, Telescoping handle provides an...
Can you buy a beach cart canopy separately?
Yes, if you like the look of a beach cart canopy but don’t want the Outsunny cart, you can buy a beach cart canopy separately.
- High Quality Material: Product fabric is 600D Oxford cloth.Waterproof, sun protection, durable and wont tear.
- Wide Range of Applications: Suitable for Leisure, outdoor, camping, picnic, beach, fishing, shopping, music festivals, or trips to the beach.
- Strong: The corner sections that hold up the four rods are so strong that the rods do not pass through them.
What do you put in your beach trolley?
- Big beach mat
- Buckets and spades
- Other beach toys
- Beach umbrella
- Sometimes a windbreak or pop-up tent
- Picnic bag (I’ve got a post about the best picnic cooler backpacks here)
- Kids wetsuits
- Beach chair (but my beach chair has backpack straps so I’ll often carry it on my back)
- Usually a small child and/or our dog!
- Lots of pebbles and shells!
I have a full blog post with a list of things to take to the beach.
Would you recommend a beach trolley or is it easier to carry things in bags?
A beach trolley is brilliant if you have lots of carry and you have a fairly long walk to the beach – which, let’s be honest, is most people because you can rarely park right next to the beach and we all seem to take so much stuff with us!
I often go to the beach on my own with my three children who are currently ages 3, 6 and 8. My 3 year old is obviously no help and often wants to be carried and I put my middle son in charge of the dog – which leaves me with a lot of stuff and an 8 year old to help!
So yes, a beach trolley is the best option.