Love travel? Love Twitter? Love the chance to win flights to Paris? Yes, me too! Read on to combine all three…
On Tuesday (April 28th) I’ll be joining Air France UK and my fellow travel blogger, Victoria from Pommie Travels, to host a Twitter party, #AirFranceTravel. We’re going to be chatting about all the places we want to travel with a focus on travel to South America. (Come on, who doesn’t want to go to South America!?)
Not only will we be getting some inspiration for our next adventures but Air France are also giving away a pair of return flights to Paris! You just need to get involved with the chat and use the hashtag #AirFranceTravel to win.
- Date: 28th April 2015
- Time: 11am – 12pm UK time
- Hashtag: #AirFranceTravel
- Prize #1: A pair of return flights to Paris.
- Prize #2: 6 Tweeters will also win Air France toiletries bag or baggage tag
If you aren’t familiar with Twitter chats, allow me to fill you in on the details.
WHAT IS A TWITTER CHAT?
A Twitter chat is an organized chat on Twitter where we get together for about an hour to chat about a specific topic. You use a hashtag, in this case #AirFranceTravel, so everyone can follow the conversation without being interrupted by tweets from other people. The hashtag also allows you to see the tweets of people you don’t follow.
WHAT’S A TWITTER CHAT HOST?
There will be questions during the Twitter chat, usually about 10 minutes apart, so we stay on topic. I will be joining @AirFranceUK and @PommieTravels to send the questions out at specific times and will be around to answer questions and keep the conversation moving.
TIPS FOR A TWITTER CHAT
If you really want to be on the ball during a Twitter chat then it’s best to use a platform like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck. My personal favourite is Tweetdeck. You can set up a search stream for the hashtag and easily follow along without getting lost. Tweetdeck is free and really easy to use.
I hope you can join us for the chat. If you have any questions, just pop them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you.
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Twitter Party, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The General Terms and Conditions for Air France UK Twitter Party, a promotional competition by Air France.
Information about the Competition and the Terms and Conditions
– These Terms and Conditions apply to Air France UK Twitter Party (hereafter referred to as the Party). The Party can be accessed from the website twitter.com/AirFranceUK (hereafter referred to as Twitter) and is organised by Air France UK. Participants automatically agree to these Terms and Conditions.
– The Party will be on 28th of April 2015 between 11AM and 12PM UK time – Air France reserves the right to adapt the conditions, prizes, definitions or other information, or to cancel the Party, at any time during the Party without any form of prior announcement.
– Participation in the Party gives the chance to win two return European Economy Class tickets from the UK to Paris.
– 3 Air France Baggage Tags and 3 Air France Toiletry Bags will be given out during the party. #AirFranceTravel must be contained within the tweet in order to qualify to be a winner.
– The Winner of the flight tickets will be selected at random after the Party has finished.
– The Winner must start their trip from the UK. If the Winner starts outside of the UK they will assume all responsibility to arrange all the necessary transport to the UK by themselves, and at their own cost.
– The Winner will be informed by Air France via a Direct Message notification on Twitter as soon as possible and no later than Friday 1 May 2015.
-Participants must be at least eighteen years of age at the time they participate in the Party.
– Air France reserves the right to require written proof of a Winner’s residence and age before awarding a prize.
– Air France has the right to reject any entry that does not meet these Terms and Conditions.
– Air France cannot be held responsible for problems with networks, computer hardware or software, or any breakdown or failure that results in the Participant’s entry or any other information becoming incomplete, damaged or lost.
– All decisions made by AIR FRANCE regarding the Party shall be considered final and will not be the subject of any correspondence.
Information about the prizes and how they will be awarded:
– The Winner will receive two Air France Economy Class return tickets to Paris on flights operated by Air France, subject to availability within the special Air France prize winner booking classes.
– By participating into the Party, participants authorise Air France UK to publically announce his or her name and Twitter handle
– The Winner will be responsible for any taxes, costs and other expenses that are not explicitly included in or connected to the prize (such as accommodation, transport to and airport parking, travel documents, travel insurance, etc.), and he or she agrees to accept the prize entirely at his or her own risk and responsibility.
– Participation will only be possible via a Twitter account.
– The Party (including these Terms and Conditions) is subject to UK law.
2. Air France reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions, prizes, definitions and any other information, or to cancel this Competition at any time without prior notification.
3. Employees of Air France and any of its associated companies, as well as members of their families, are excluded from participating.
4. Air France reserves the right to disqualify entries that it suspects of being fraudulent.
5. The code of conduct for small promotional games of chance applies to this game.
6. Participation in the Competition is voluntary. By entering, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any associated entry requirements. Any breach of these terms and conditions by a participant will void their entry. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Air France accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
7. Claiming Prize. Winner will be chosen at random and will be a sent a direct message via Twitter requesting their email address. Air France reserves the right, due to acts of nature or reasons beyond their control, to change the type of prize in the course of the prize draw or to replace the prize with a different prize of equal value. Under no circumstances shall this alternative lead to replacement or refund. Personal data gathered for the purpose of this prize draw will be handled in confidence in line with the Data Protection Act (see data protection at AirFrance.com). As such the draw applies to the European & British laws of small games of chance.
8. Liability and Applicable Law. Judges’ decision is final. The liability of Air France is limited exclusively to the value of the prize. Air France shall not be held liable for possible disruption to Internet services or related links occurring due to unpermitted data sharing or illegal acts, which in turn result in disruptions of administrative procedures and security and organization of the prize draw. Air France shall also not be held liable for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletion or loss of e-mails. Air France shall be held liable for neither Internet congestion, equipment quality of the Internet user, quality of Internet connection nor transfer delays resulting from this. The law of England and Wales and Europe applies to this promotion and to these Terms and Conditions.
Travel terms and conditions
– Travel is subject to availability.
– All travel is subject to Air France’s standard terms and conditions of carriage.
– No extension of the prize will be allowed from the date specified in the Prize letter.
– The Winner must confirm receipt of Prize offer within 72 hours of notification. In case the Winner has not claimed the Prize within the indicated timeframe, a new Winner will be drawn (without further notification).
– The tickets must be booked by 15th July 2015.
– Travel must be completed by 15th December 2015.
– No change of destination/area will be allowed from the one specified by Air France.
– Tickets are not transferable to anybody else and are not refundable.
– Both passengers must travel together.
– No date changes will be accepted after the booking has been made or the tickets issued.
– An adult must accompany any children or infants.
– Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
– Winner must be over the age of 18 with a valid passport to travel to the selected destination (valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date for the trip).
– Winner and accompanying person must obtain all visas, permissions and other travel documentation required.
– Passports and Visas are the responsibility and at the cost of the prize Winner.
– Air France cannot be held responsible if a prize Winner or any of the travelling party fail to obtain the required travel documentation.
– The prize Winner and accompanying person are responsible for and must comply with any health advice/regulations/inoculations required. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize Winner.
– Winning tickets are excluded from the Flying Blue programme. Winners who are members of this programme, including those who accompany them, may not accrue Miles for the prize flights.
– Winners must reside in the UK and depart from one of Air France’s UK departure airports – London Heathrow, Manchester, Birmingham.
– Air France reserves the right to request written proof of residency and the age of any Winner before the prize is dispatched.
– For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include gratuities, meals, spending money or other travel expenses, or any other costs of a personal nature.
– Air France will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
– In the event for any reason the prize Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by Air France then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of the prize.
– If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of Air France which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, Air France may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
– If a winning entry from a draw is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
– Air France reserves the right to publish the First name and Surname of the Winner, plus their location.
Tuesday 28th of April 2015
It sounds really cool, but I don't think I will be able to participate yet still the best of luck & experiences for the winner.
Monday 27th of April 2015
Evenings would definitely be preferable, I'm sure a lot of UK residents would be at work at 11am on a Tuesday! Will try to join in though, perhaps I can take an early lunch.
The Guy Who Flies
Sunday 26th of April 2015
As a frequent flyer with Air France (over a million frequent flyer miles currently sitting in my Flying Blue account) I'd love to take part. Unfortunately midday UK time doesn't work for me. If it was Tuesday evening I could have tried to free up some time to participate.
I hope you have fun anyway and hope you can recap the highlights in a future blog post?
Monday 27th of April 2015
Oh what a shame you won't be able to make it. I'll pass your comment on to the guys at Air France and maybe they'll be able to make the next Twitter chat in the evening.